About Idwala View
This secluded, self-catering luxury nature reserve getaway offers you the best way to experience amazing African wildlife in the malaria-free Mabalingwe Nature Reserve – the playground of a multitude of Africa's finest animals and birds who love to visit the watering hole at Idwala View. The house boasts spacious rooms that spill out to the expansive deck where a swimming pool, bar and sun deck await. Beautifully decorated in a distinct South African flavour, inspired by Tretchikoff and the local street artists, Idwala View comfortably accommodates 8 adults and 4 children, or alternatively, it can accommodate 10 adults and 2 children. Perfect for family gatherings and large groups. Spend quality time together as you enjoy the views of the glorious sunsets while sipping a sundowner.
Go on game drives in your own Game Viewing Vehicle (manual transmission) (extra cost of ZAR 1000.00 per day). Or book a guided game drive with Mablingwe Time Share Reception. Be greeted in the mornings by Klipspringers and experience the magic of your own open air boma lit by a glowing fire and the Milky Way at night. In addition to the awesome surrounds and first-rate accommodation, you can choose from a host of activities; including horseback game viewing, cold and heated swimming pools and an outdoor spa. Main House: Leopard Room – Upstairs – En-suite Bathroom – King Bed – Sleep 2. Elephant Room – Upstairs next to Leopard Room – Loft Room – 2 Single Daybeds – Sleep 2 – Bathroom/Shower Downstairs. Impala Room – Downstairs – En-suite Bathroom – 2 Single Beds – Sleep 2. Deck Rooms (access from Main Deck): Zebra Room – En-suite Bathroom and Shower – King Bed plus 1 Roller Bed and bedding for a child – Sleep 3. Ostrich Room – En-suite Bathroom and Shower – King Bed plus 1 Roller Bed and bedding for a child – Sleep 3.
Netflix, ShowMax, DSTV and DSTVNow available.
YOU CAN ALSO BOOK THE HOUSE WITH THE FOLLOWING CONFIGURATIONS:
• Main House Only – sleep 6 to 8 – Price on Request.
• Main House plus one deck room – sleep 8 to 10 – Price on Request.
• If you book the main house only or the main house and the one deck room only your privacy is still assured as the rest will not be booked out to anyone else.
We are Kind to our Environment
At Idwala View we have created an eco-friendly system that is kind to the surrounding environment. We are striving to become one of the most environmentally friendly self-catering lodges in the Mabalingwe Nature Reserve.
Safari: Guests can choose to hire the game viewing vehicle to do their own safari or they can book a game drive at the Mabalingwe reception.
Golf: Idwala View is situated on the Mabalingwe Nature Reserve. It is not far from Zebula and Elements Golf Course.
Family friendly: Idwala View is the perfect place for families who want to break away to the bush. Because of wild animals roaming around freely, young children should be supervised.
Romantic: The sunsets at Idwala View creates a romantic vibe.
• A REFUNDABLE BREAKAGE DEPOSIT equal to 1 days' rental is also payable and will be refunded within 5 working days after departure if no breakages or damages have been caused as a result of the tenant or his guests' behavior. THIS BREAKAGE DEPOSIT IS PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE OWNER AND DOES NOT FORM PART OF THE... IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
• A REFUNDABLE BREAKAGE DEPOSIT equal to 1 days' rental is also payable and will be refunded within 5 working days after departure if no breakages or damages have been caused as a result of the tenant or his guests' behavior. THIS BREAKAGE DEPOSIT IS PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE OWNER AND DOES NOT FORM PART OF THE QUOTATION.
• The Departure Clean Fee of R650.00 forms part of the quotation. This is NOT a daily cleaning service. See ADDED EXTRAS for the price of the daily cleaning service.
• NOISE POLICY AT MABALINGWE:
Please note that noise restrictions apply as you are in a nature reserve. Noise travels far in the open areas and guests are asked to keep all noise to a minimum at all times.
10 am to 10 pm (10h00 to 22h00) – LOW NOISE (no screaming and shouting) and SOFT MUSIC (for your ears only)
10 pm to 10 am (22h00 to 10h00) – NO NOISE and NO MUSIC
• Children are welcome. Young children must be under the supervision of their parents at all times.
• No stag or hen groups.
• No matriculation parties.
• No bachelor parties.
• No pets are allowed under any circumstances.
• Smoking is only allowed in some of the open air areas.
• Parking for all guests is available on site and is free of charge. Strictly no more than 4 cars.
• Free Wi-Fi.
• Free Netflix, ShowMax, DSTV and DSTVNow.
• A Camp/Travel Cot and bedding is available on request.
• As the house is situated in a Nature Reserve, all persons using the house will have to sign an indemnity form which will be emailed on receipt of deposit.
• Please note that baboons, monkeys and various other animals roam freely. Keep all doors and windows securely closed and locked when out, not in sight or when checking out. Failure to do so, resulting in the baboons, monkeys or animals gaining access to the house will result in the loss of the whole breakage deposit as well as being charged for any other damage incurred by the baboons. monkeys or animals.
• A daily cleaning service is available at R340.00 a day.
• A newly converted 11-seater game drive vehicle (purchased Feb 2018) (manual transmission) is available at R1000.00 per day. All fuel, flat tyres and call-outs will be for your own account. Driver of the vehicle must be a licensed driver and over the age of 25. The vehicle cannot be taken off the reserve. The vehicle is not allowed on any of the 4x4 routes or difficult routes up the mountains. Failure to adhere to this policy can result in the loss of the full breakage deposit plus being liable for all other costs involved. If rented, the vehicle is only for the use of the tenants at Idwala View.
• Braai wood is available at R28.00 per bag.
• Firelighters at R28.00 per pack.
• Heating of swimming pool to 28 degrees C at R340.00 a day. This has to be booked at least 3 days in advance and has to be booked for the entire duration of your stay.
• Late Check-Out (after 10 am) – optional at R650.00. see more
Stay between 31 Oct 2018 and 31 Dec 2019 and get 15% off.
- Valid for 10 guests or more
- 5 night min stay (check-in between 31 Oct 2018 and 31 Dec 2019)
Stay between 23 Sep 2019 and 31 Dec 2020 and get 15% off. Valid every Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Sun.
- 2 night min stay (check-in between 23 Sep 2019 and 31 Dec 2020)
Stay between 01 Oct 2019 and 31 Dec 2019 and get 18% off.
- 2 night min stay (check-in between 01 Oct 2019 and 31 Dec 2019)
Idwala View Rooms
Reviews for Idwala View16 guest reviews Reviews of
5 out of 5 stars
Idwala View Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling