About Die Gaatjie
Die Gaaitjie is a simple white-washed fisherman’s cottage tucked among the rocks, situated in Paternoster. Suzi Holtzhausen has long been a household name in Paternoster, and her signature style of innovative yet homely West Coast cooking never fails to please.
Freshly baked pot breads start things with starters including springbok Carpaccio or a soup of white mussels and artichokes, before generous mains like grilled sole with anchovy butter are served.
The menu changes regularly, with Suzi serving up innovative dishes showcasing some of the lesser known fish recipes and other delicacies. Classic and local dishes are made with a twist, cooked from the freshest of ingredients. Our wines are also West Coast specific too.
We recreate traditional feelings of comfort from our kitchen, which is situated in the middle of the restaurant. The decor is simple yet comfortable, so emphasis remains on the food. Opt to sit inside by the fireplace on winter days, or outside on the patio with a gentle breeze from the ocean.
Directions to Die GaatjieFrom Cape Town:
• Head north on West Coast Road/R27 and continue to follow the R27 for approximately 120 km;
• Turn left onto the R45 and continue for 9 km;
• Continue straight onto Main Road/R399 and continue to follow the R399 for 15 km;
• Turn left onto St Augustine Road and then turn right onto Langstrand Close;
• Continue down the road until you see the sign for the restaurant.
Accommodation near Die Gaatjie
Die Gaatjie Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling