About Cheval Vapeur
Escape Corona: Cheval Vapeur Horse Farm, open air, no crowds or large groups, situated in the heart of Cape Town’s seasonal wetlands in the Philippi Horticultural Area, a rural area consisting of vegetable and other farms on the Cape Flats between Ottery and Strandfontein - a wonderfully tranquil oasis and nature haven!
Safe, secluded, peaceful and quiet but surprisingly central to Cape Town’s many attractions.The the best of both worlds. The Royal Cape Golf Club and Zeekoevlei internationally famous bird sanctuary, within 10 minutes by car. Wynberg, Kenilworth, Plumstead and Muizenberg are 15 to 20 kms away and the Cape Point Nature Reserve is some 60km away.
There is a dam on the property and a boat (but with the current drought the dam is effectively empty).
Birds often seen nesting or on and around the farm include Moorhens, Cormorants, Egyptian Geese, Crakes, Sacred Ibis, Hadedas, Cootes, Malakite Kingfisher, Dabchicks, Darters, Hammerkop, White Faced Ducks, Yellow Billed Ducks, Cattle & Little Egrets, Black-headed and Grey Herons and many more…. There is also a substantial community of endangered Western Leopard Toads.
The Farm offers 4 levels of basic, self-catering accommodation at very affordable prices
1)First level: There are 8 open-plan, single-roomed wooden cottages sleeping 2 to 5 people each. Cottages that sleep 2 people have a double bed, the others have bunk beds and other furniture. The cottages make use of two separate ablution blocks, each fitted with a toilet, shower and basin. Each guest receives a key for the ablution blocks, for privacy purposes. Please note that depending on which cottage is booked, the distance to the nearest ablution varies but it is never more than 60m away. Each cottage is fully equipped for self-catering equipment: kettle, toaster, hotplates, microwave and small fridge - crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils are also provided. The names of the cottages are: Club, Gate, Dam, Jane, Downtown, Gibson, Colin & Johan.
2)Next Levels – these are the brick-walled Mews units:
• 2 units (Tack Room & Tuck Shop) use a third ablution facility (shower, toilet, basin) and have the same self-catering equipment and furniture as the wooden cottages
• 1 unit (Beverley) has two bedrooms, a kitchen/lounge area and its own en-suite private shower and toilet. There is also running water in the kitchen area. It has the same self-catering equipment and furniture as the wooden cottages
* TopFlat - Has 3 rooms and can sleep up to 8 people in 3 double beds and two bunk beds. It has its own toilet and bath. It has a full size oven. It is one flight of stairs above ground level and has a balcony with magnificent views of the Table Mountain chain and wonderful sunsets
• Mews Apartment (1 unit) is the most luxurious with 2 bedrooms (each with a double brass bed) and en-suite bath, shower and toilet, a kitchen and a TV lounge with DStv (premium bouquet). It also has a small veranda. There is a sleeper couch in the TV lounge that can accommodate a fifth person.
1. All cottages and units have their own braai facility – guests should bring their own braai tools and grids.
2. Cabins are serviced daily (except Sundays and public holidays).
3. Cheval Vapeur does not have credit card facilities and any outstanding amounts are payable in cash on arrival.
4. All prices quoted include bed linen provided by us. If you prefer you may bring your own bed linen in which case the price is reduced by R15 per person per night. If you intend to do this please advise us in the message that you can include with your quote request and we will quote accordingly
booking confirmed on payment of deposit to SafariNow.
Balance payable on or before arrival
Cheval Vapeur Rooms
Reviews for Cheval Vapeur53 guest reviews Reviews of
4 out of 5 stars
Cheval Vapeur Map
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling